In order to provide our students with a safe learning environment, Branford High School will be implementing the following procedures effective immediately:
1. Students must be in the classroom when the tardy bell rings.
2. Teachers will lock the doors at the sound of the tardy bell. Any student in the hall will report to the couches outside of the office.
3. Make up work will be adhered to as defined in the Student Handbook; 3 tardies will result in an unexcused absence.
4. Students will be accepted into the classroom with an official pass.
Cell phones/electronic devices:
CELL PHONE / IPOD / MP3 PLAYER POLICY
1. May be turned on throughout the day but must be in silent mode and out of sight except for the following situations:
* May be used openly before school, between class changes, during lunch, and after school.
* May be used in the class room as an educational tool directed by the instructor. (not student requested).
* May not be used to take photos or videos during the school day. (Journalism students may use recording devices to conduct interviews, take
pictures, etc. for the yearbook and newspaper)
2. If the cell phone/electronic device creates a distraction or is used outside of permitted guidelines, it will be confiscated.
3. Confiscated CELL PHONES / IPODS / MP3 PLAYERS must be picked up by a parent or guardian after the end of the school day. Confiscated CELL PHONES / IPODS / MP3 PLAYERS will be available in the front office from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM or 7:40 AM - 8:10 AM only.
4. Other disciplinary measures may be imposed by administration due to attitude or repeated offenses. STUDENT DRESS CODE
NOTE: The principal or designee has the final authority for determining whether or not a student’s apparel conforms to the dress code.
1. No bedroom slippers or pajama wear.
2. No exposed undergarments.
3. No exposed cleavage.
4. No decorations, symbols, mottos, or designs imprinted or attached to the body or clothing which is offensive to good taste or the maintenance of good decorum.
5. Sleeveless clothing must meet the point of the shoulder.
6. Dresses, skorts, skirts, and/or shorts with hemlines shorter than mid-thigh so that the “flamingo test” applies.
For more information:
Student Code of Conduct